Event Security & Safety Steward – Job Description
- Protection of people and assets at Events, Functions and on Licensed Premises.
- Reports to Event Security Supervisor
- Reports and liaises with event organizer representatives
Main Duties – What We Expect
- To assist in crowd management. This includes prevention and reporting of any over-crowding.
- To reduce crowd related problems, including maintaining a state of calm to minimize any injury.
- Conflict Management. (SIA Licence holders staff only)
- Preventing unauthorized access to the site by public, and to restricted areas by guests.
- If necessary to provide assistance and support to the emergency services in the event
- of a major incident.
- Ensuring the health and well -being of all guests.
- Reporting any anti-social behavior, illegal activity or perceived dangers to the supervisor..
- To have a good understanding of the communications system, how it works and be competent in the use of the radios
- To provide updates relating to stewarding issues within your area to the event organizer representative.
- To provide traffic management and parking marshaling services.
- Ensuring that all appropriate company equipment is available and fit for use.
- Carry out all duties outlined in the Event Assignment Instructions.
- Carry out any additional duties when specified.
- Health and Safety awareness.
About You – Personal Specification
- Possessing a valid SIA Licence for Door Supervision. ( Response staff only)
- Eligible to work in the UK. Five years checkable work history.
- Fluency in English.
- Physically and mentally fit. Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer. Far Vision — The ability to see details at a distance.
- Experience and understanding of working with the public.
- Ability to work as a team in a public facing environment
- Flexible can do attitude with an approachable and enthusiastic manner.
- Presentable, honest, alert, vigilant, reliable, flexible, motivated, giving attention attention to detail.
- Ability to work unsocial hours, weekends, bank holidays etc
- Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
How do I apply?
Send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or download and complete the application form below: